Creating a black and white clip but maintaining one color
Often it looks good to turn footage black and white while leaving a certain item in color, here is an example with flowers.
1. apply chrominance filter to clip and double click
2. select outside filter, monotone
3. Use the color picker to click color you wish to keep, or click alternative color selector and adjust the shape and position until external monitor shows the desired result
4. you can also fine tune the range
5. finished, watch the show in real-time, no need to render
Note: instead of using the monotone filter, you can use any other such as motion blur or soft focus, there are many to choose from.
Before Chrominance Filter or
After Chrominance Filter or
Adjusting the Base Range will make it possible to keep more than 1 color while showing the rest in black and white
Antons Video Productions Pty Ltd
20 Solander Ave, West Hoxton 2171 NSW, Australia +612 9825 9999